If you survived the advergame Lodge 626 produced by Doritos in 2008, you could want to take a look at your mental sanity with their new opus: Asylum 626. I released a post before this year which illustrated the momentum created by Lodge 626 in excess of the months. The interactivity (webcam, microphone) is strengthened with the integration of Fb and Tweeter attributes.
Sources: Google.com, November 2009
– # of look for outcomes: Net: 37 100, Illustrations or photos: two 970, Video clip: twenty
– #of back links pointing to the web-site: 8 750 (raw facts)
– Time period: September to November 2009
Asylum 626 vs Lodge 626 – Research outcomes comparison
1st 10 weeks after the start (2009 vs 2008)
Asylum 626 has savored a bigger visibility after 10 weeks than Lodge 626. This final result could be stated by the substantial good results of the Doritos’ advergame until now. A url leading to Asylum 626 is on the property webpage of the model internet site and on the Lodge 626 mini-web-site.
The model has applied well item packaging and well-liked social media:
– The new game was announced on packaging of two products
– A trailer released on YouTube (on Sep. fifteenth) triggered truly the Phrase of Mouth.
– A wise use of Twitter. 7 817 tweets for Asylum vs one 138 for Lodge 626 (supply: Topsy).
– Fb assist looks to be more constrained as a Asylum software accounts for 132 admirers vs 3 186 for Lodge 626 (…after one year). Doritos official webpage did not make a huge celebration out of their new advergame.
It could have been supported by a particular PR marketing campaign to discussion boards and weblogs as this classification represents a bigger part of the look for outcomes in contrast to Lodge 626. Comments are commonly very optimistic.
I could see some ideas from the Doritos marketing and advertising approach:
– Create connections across online and offline marketing and advertising channels
– Retain an fantastic good quality of execution
– Capitalize on a good results but provide some novelty
– Smart use of social media in tune with the brand’s audience
We would see in the coming weeks the enhancement of the term-of-mouth. Just after the start, it will be exciting to look at written content generated by buyers. Even so, the principal query remains if Doritos bought more crakers with this marketing campaign.